Netgear Wi-Fi extender is helping peoples in obtaining a stable signal, from the past few years. Stable internet connection is what we all need. Without an internet connection, most of the works get’s suspended. This issue is common & can be sought out only with the help of Netgear Wi-Fi extender. Netgear Wi-Fi extender is great tool & also gets configured easily. Before you step out for Netgear wifi extender setup, Make sure there is no obstruction nearby around your extender.
Your range extender get connect wirelessly to access point/router, takes a signal from it & retransmit it. Range extenders are beneficial for those client devices that can access weak signal, other than those who can’t. There are few points that to keep in mind, before you setup extender for your home network.
Important points for Netgear wifi extender setup
- Make sure you place your range extender in range, of client device & signals source.
- If your signal is coded, it will need related security.
- Your Netgear extender has a static IP address so that it doesn’t get discovered as a client.
- Signals that your device transmitted will be equivalent as of starting place.
- Transmission work best, when Range extender uses same software & chipset as your router/access point do.
- Your Netgear extender will boost Wi-Fi signals, but shift router to notice changes in range & signal.
Aside from these points, Check out Few Post Netgear wifi extender setup Issues
Range Extender SSID Doesn’t Get Detect
- Use a wired connection to install your extender.
- Make use of Setup Wizard, because it helps to connect extender to the wireless network.
- Choose Setup Wizard.
- Put Extender Wireless SSID radio button manually & also type SSID.
- Type Password for wireless network & Click on continue.
- Next, the screen will show, to use the setup wizard. Getting started 11 universal Wi-Fi range extender WN2000RPT.
- Ensure that exact network name gets display, & then click on continue.
- Now, click on Ok.
- At this point of time, your extender gets connected to the network, but your Computer may take some time.
- To Join Extender Wireless network, use wireless computer or device.
- Go to computer bottom screen & choose check box & then, click on continue button.
- Once your extender connects to the network, you will get a confirmation message on a screen.
There are more issues that you may encounter, after Netgear wifi extender setup. They are given below.
- Extender doesn’t detect the main SSID.
- Not get connects to key Router.
- Netgear extender got connected, but can’t access the internet.
- Extender shows it is connected, but not getting an IP address from the Key router.
To know how to cope up with these issues, simply get connect to our experts. You can ask any query regarding extenders & routers. Team is working round the clock & you can approach them on toll free number. If you wish to have live interaction with the team go for lice chat support. You can also your suggestions & feedback in comment box. Your valuable comments help us improving our customer services. So, keep posting.